29 October 2008

hump day

busy week, ya'll. we're back in the grind at school after the week of "Explore Morocco" trips, and it's certainly nicer to feel school-wide pressure as the end of the trimester looms than the quietude of surveillance over an Upper School all but emptied out.
plus we're moving flats this week! just across the major downtown boulevard Zerktouni, home to the tallest two towers in Casa, the Twin Center (they are very centering indeed). once we're settled, I'll be living with the other two interns at school, Rebecca and Alex, in a cozier and newer three-bedroom apartment. it's also even closer to the main bustle-- located on the same street as the beloved European shop Zara and across from the nicest marche-- while Gauthier is actually pretty relaxed for its location. I'm a bit bummed to move away from the Parc du Arab-Ligue, where I've made a habit of jogging after school, but if I can manage to cross the most dangerous road regularly I hope to sustain the haunt.
like many developments with our school personnel, this information has been belatedly and not entirely settled, and oops, it's happening tomorrow. so for the evening I must prioritize the battle with amoebas, nausea, and human acquisition and relocation. not terribly interesting, I know, but my quotidian is dull and practical as any much of the time. I also just decided to hold the due washing of my only set of bedsheets indefinitely because their drying time on the lines outside in the late October cold and gray is inestimable! bienvenue.

No comments: